martedì 6 luglio 2010

EVERY TIME I GO "CLICK"

EVERY TIME I GO "CLICK"
Stephen Shore about make photo in digital way and digital era

Stephen Shore is one of the best seminal revolutionary innovator photograper. His career began at the early age of fourteen, when he made the precocious move of presenting his photographs to Edward Steichen, then curator of photography at the Museum of Modern Art. Recognizing Shore's talent, Steichen bought three of his works. At age seventeen, Shore met Andy Warhol and began to frequent Warhol's studio, the Factory, photographing Warhol and the people that surrounded him. In 1971, at the age of 24, Shore became the second living photographer to have a solo exhibition at the MoMA.

The best stuff he did was a decade later, about changed position of colour photography in the cultural landscape se he went about documenting the physical and social landscape, by elevating it to a position formerly held only by black and white photography and its loftier subjects.

He saids:
"when I took these kind pictures, that was thirty years ago, it cost me maybe twenty dollars to take a picture, for film, processing and one contact sheet. So I'm not going to waste film, every time I go "click", it's thirty dollars... You do that all day long and that's a lot of money. So I wouldn't waste film, but that's trycky because I wouldn't want only to take picture that I knew were good because then I wind up only taking safe picture. I have to be free to fall on my face but, at the same time, I don't want to waste.
The benefit of digital is that you are free to make (and learn from) mistakes.

I'm sure agree with him, but i think that you have to use the benefit of digital to make old school warm photo in a situationist way like he did spontaneously 30th years ago.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento